+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look at my yellow screen

Administrator
    More light needs more iron to complete the photosynthesis. Without the iron the chlorophyll (green) can't grow, and you end up just accumulating proteins (brown/yellow). More flow brings more iron, but you can just add iron too.

Start with the recommended amounts of iron, and increase from there until the yellow goes away.

What are recommended amounts ? I dont know what goal I am aiming at ?

10 ml per 100 liters raises the Fe-concentration with 0,5 ppm or 0,5 mg/l.

Is my target 0,5ppm ?

Administrator
    I don't know. Check the instructions.

"Deciding how much iron to add is fairly easy because, in my experience, it doesn't seem to matter too much. Presumably, once you add enough to eliminate it as a limiting nutrient for macroalgal growth, extra iron does not cause apparent harm (at least none that I've detected in my aquarium or have heard of from others)."

That is quote from Randy Holmes-Farley article. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/rhf/index.php

Found it. They say to use 10ml per week for 100 liters tank. I will try this .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kotlec View Post
    ..."extra iron does not cause apparent harm (at least none that I've detected in my aquarium or have heard of from others)."

That is quote from Randy Holmes-Farley article. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/rhf/index.php
    Perhaps they should try dosing 1/2 gallon into a 90 and see what happens then, right SM? LOL!!

And yes, I am good at snot growth currently. Still need to knock back the lights and see what happens. No time lately! Good thing I only have to stop and do maintenance once every 7 to 10 days for 45 minutes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information