+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look at my yellow screen

Look at my yellow screen

Algea stays yellow what ever I do. Its not a slime at all. In fact algea is very tough and hard to clean. It has fibrous structure, that you can see on first photo. I am using steak knife to clean.
    Increased flow x2 last month. No effect except may be it grows even more now. I would not bother , but some algea is on the rocks. Very thin layer, but I thing its stopping coraline from spreading. I try adding iron, but see no effect . Should I try more of iron ? And if it increase filtering at all ?

Banned
    Too much light.. cut the hours back and increase flow if you can

Flow just increased. Double than before. Nothing changes . No where to increase anymore.
    Will filtration ramp up, if I reduce hours, or algea color change is the only benefit and filtration reduces ?

Administrator
    You pics went away.

Yellow is not enough iron. Increase iron by increasing flow, and adding iron. If you still have yellow after that, reduce hours.

Strange. I still can see pics

Banned
    Must be cached on your PC because I don't see pics either. Seems like a problem with the forum since I see you uploaded the pics as attachments, so we should all be able to see them.

If I copy/paste the URL of the pictures I get this error:
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Seems like attaching from attachment list works only via thumbnails. I wanted pics displayed.
    Now have changed to gallery. Hope it works now. At least I can see it from 2 different PCs.

Banned
    Yup, I see the pics now... that is a nasty looking screen. You and Floyd are growing some lovely snot lately. Anyone want to send some to Fear Factor and see if someone will eat it? LOL.

Anytime I see yellow in the center but green at the edges that always screams "too much light" to me. I am sure there are other ways to help, like the Iron that SM suggests, but it still seems like the light is too intense and that causes that type of growth. If the screen were all yellow, I would lean toward nutrients, but when I see bands of green at the edges where the intensity of the light is a lot less, it just appears the center is getting nuked.

Screan looks good in reality . Nobody would be scared of it. It is not smelling bad aither.

How many of this I would dose to 16 g tank to begin with ?

Powerful iron source

Easy-Life Ferro is a strong and concentrated iron source for vibrant and healthy plants.
    The product not only contains iron(III) but supporting nutrients like potassium as well. Multiple stabilized. No nitrates or phosphates.

10 ml per 100 liters raises the Fe-concentration with 0,5 ppm or 0,5 mg/l.

Banned
    Changed my bulbs recently and areas of my screen subsequently started looking a bit like that.

Still got plenty of long green hair elsewhere though.

Backed my lights off a little since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information