+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KALK question

Banned
    I would look at other things from what you describe. SPS corals are certainly your first indicator for alk related problems, and if your SPS is fine then I don't believe you have any alk issues.

Zoas.. any chance of pests? Zoa eating nudibranch's.. maybe a fish? Sometimes zoas act like xenia and grow great and then all of the sudden just melt away for no apparent reason. Mushrooms.. flow or light related? They like low of both. Most things will not even think about eating mushrooms so I don't think that would be pest related.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    I was assuming he was testing on sample water to figure out correct dosage, I hope that wasn't 200 at once on his display.
    It was not at once, it was about 1L at a drop per second, its fish only right now as the corals are in my 10G after the power outage disaster. After I acclimated the corals to my 10G I took a WC of 60% at it, with fish still in there and they hung on just great, so I figured they could take a good swing of Ca. Granted, I did not expect it to be but about 100 max according the recipe I found online. I should have taken the time to cut down a sample to a readable percentage for a test with the kit first as my specs where not that accurate. It was just calcium chloride so the Alk stayed the same. It could have been a mistake for sure if the corals where in there. I was not very proud of my mistake but I figured I would post it so someone else would not make the same mistake.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    Since you have no corals and you learned something out of it without harming anything then I would say it was a good test to run.

I spent many hours looking for pests already

Interestingly green color zoas are bad and green color mushrooms are bad. And both of purple color thrive.

I sure thought it was going to be bad. I am glad it was not. It all turned out good. I gained a lot of knowledge so it was a win.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    75G. 20+ Africans
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.

Kerry,
    must say sorry for flooding

Sorry for flooding? I guess I do not understand Sir. Are you talking about asking questions on this forum/post. If thats the case you need to jump in anytime you have a question!!! Thats what this place is for, its to gain knowledge! Pop in anytime you feel there is a question you need answered.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    75G. 20+ Africans
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.

nice, thanks. Im really happy I am here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information