Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
I think you may be surprised in how much work has gone on behind scenes. I love new concepts, right or wrong.
This one area is really not something you want to make those types of assumptions about. You know what they say about assumptions. I can pretty much guarantee that there has not been a lot of work done behind the scenes on this new design by Santa Monica. It seems he is doing the same thing he did the first time around, release a general idea and let the hobbyist solve the issues for him. The fact Santa Monica can not post 1 single picture of this design working on a saltwater tank even after I called him out on in in this thread is really all I need to see. After a full year of having this idea, if it were me, I would have thousands of pictures showing how it works and progress shots week to week and the second I made it public those pictures would be proudly displayed in the first post.

I have a big issue with the conflicting information already posted. Early there was talk about bubble sizes/wooden airstones and those were ruled to not be good for this design, then Santa Monica hints at a ventri type design which IS a protein skimmer pump/method for creating fine bubbles. I asked again, which is it, fine bubbles are bad and don't work, or they are fine and do work..... no response.

Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I don't take anything at face value. I will listen to everything, study it myself, even experiment myself to see if it holds true, but this one I have already experimented with the parts (airpump/stone) and I know without a doubt it is not a good design. Anyone who has spent any amount of time with air pumps and stones will know how bad of an idea this is. There is a reason larger Protein skimmers stopped using them long ago (they clogged and needed to be replaced often).

Sorry Floyd... as you can see, even I made an assumption going off of Santa Monica's post. When he said the venturi pump alternative was already solved I assumed others were informed about this as well.
Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
what about using a venturi system on a powerhead to deliver the air instead?
Taken care of
Bottom line, if I thought this was a great idea and would work better than the old method, I would be in here pointing out all the ways it is better, but unfortunately it did not turn out that way.