+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new Upflow Algae Scrubber (UAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    you mean a UAS double screen in a V shape?
    Yes Sir.

Looks good Tebo.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Yes

Administrator
    Do you think i can use this scrubber with some modifications? Here is a link to the scrubber:
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...=Jnad+scrubber
    Certainly.

do you think there will be problems with micro bubbles escaping from the scrubber to the main display when using air stone in the scrubber placed inside the main display.
    Got this taken care of, soon. However you can control bubble size by choosing airstones.

I think you are correct on the water eliminating the burning
    It probably will help with this, but maybe even more useful will be the "lens" or "diffractor" effect which should help to spread out the LED light and reduce spotting.

would a smaller amount of bigger faster travelling bubbles work better or worse than much larger amount of much smaller and slower travelling bubbles
    Bigger helps move the strands out of the way.

I would think a double screen would be similar to a dual single sided screen.
    No, because each screen would be 1-sided.
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 04-28-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Banned
    I just got my 6" airstone. I can't remember the last time I was more excited to spend $1.99.

I gotta dig mine out, I know I got a couple stashed in the old FW box that is packed up. I found some tiny round ones last night after I read the email message and looked at the post. I just have to dig a little deeper I guess or fork out the big money like you did this Friday, if so its going to feel funny buying an air stone, my local is going to think I lost my mind or Saltwater tanks LOL!! To bad I got out of state family stuff going on tonight, I sure could get on built in a hurry.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    I think there will also be a good power savings with the pump; the one I posted was running on 3 watts.

Banned
    Unfortunately I didn't get mine done today. I am trying to finish up the e-shine scrubber for Spotter. You'll see that one on RC soon BTW. And I'm going to send him a type-2 mod kit that will arrive on May 1st I believe.

Banned
    Yeah good savings all around. Even with my box modded for type-2 there's no need for much of anything beyond a maxijet 900, and even that might be too much. I'm thinking one of those tiny eheim compact pumps, basically just enough to push water through and not too fast. Gonna get going on the LED fixture now that the kids are in bed

Hello!

I have just tested the Aqua Medic Air Wood "stone" that i mentioned in previous post.

I did run the air stone with a screen just like SM have in his goldfish test in my 15 gallon nano reef, this stone is no good in "in tank" setup, there was micro bubbles all over the display. This air stone produce way too small bubbles to be run directly in the display tank.

The shops is open tomorrow, i will try to find another air stone that produce bigger bubbles.

Jnad

Banned
    I just got a $2 6" blue airstone from my LFS. haven't tested it yet but that's the task today, along with finishing up my LED fixtures. bwahaha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information