+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new Upflow Algae Scrubber (UAS)

Banned
    So is the "Collector UAS" just one of the 4 embodiments?

Administrator
    Is just one of many.

Banned
    Any releases?

Administrator
    No I'm just too tied up trying to get the HOG.5 built. Everytime I think I can get a few units on the shelf, someone gets them.

Banned
    Thats a very good thing. But your dropping the ball a bit.. lets get too it.. if i dont see pics of your tank soon im calling shannanigans!.. lol

Administrator
    Catching up on updates... they are posted here...
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...Monica-UAS-PCT

After spending 2 days reading this entire mega thread. Im very happy to see the upflow design. I've made many waterfall scrubbers down to a pico 1g scrubber. Since I started making LED scrubbers I've been a fan of using 1w LED vs 3w LED. I think the upflow design is well suited for 1w LED because its easy to get the lights very close to the. creen. Instead of using a difuser with 3w LED. It would be better to use 1w LEDs but use 2-3x more to create a much more even spread of light intensity. The Drivers I use are very cheap and tiny and will run 1-3 1w LED at 350ma makinging things quite modular and easy to up/downgrade. I usually just affix the drivers straight to the same heatsink as the LEDs and seem to have an easier time dealing with dissapation of the heat. Also the 1w LED due to this will make a UAS less than 4x3 perfectly fine.

Pictures attached of the drivers I use and bonus pictures of my yet unstarted 3gallon project which a UAS may fit quite interestingly into the center of this ice core beverage dispenser. My aim is no visible equipment period. I HOPE to be able to make it double level sort of spiril witu the lower level lit from inside the ice core and have a narrow chasm/slot that runs vertically from the top to the bottom. Having two small pumps inside that alternate duty. Running the flow one way then the other thru the tank which is basicly a spiril track with a narrow chasm at the top that drops back down to the lower level. Ill start a thread for that when I hammer out the details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130207_110345.jpg‎
Views:	562
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	3948   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130207_112058.jpg‎
Views:	552
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	3949   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130207_112223.jpg‎
Views:	500
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	3950  

Santa Monica. If your about do you know when your larger hangon type algae scrubber would be available it's just that I'm sure I feed more than 0.5 cubes of frozen food per day. Unless I was to buy 2 of your current ones. Do you have a release date for yours ? Your sexing one that is

Regards
    Juan

Administrator
    Probably before March

Banned
    So what is this Green Grabber stuff in your HOG1 vids you just posted? Looks like aragonite pressed into silicone??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information