+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrubber builder needed in UK

Scrubber builder needed in UK

Hi, I'm new to this forum but been on the "other" forums for quite some time which is where I came across SM's original posts.

I'm in the market for an ATS built for my tank in the UK. I run a HEAVILY stocked 2,000 litre tank and use a variety of filtration, both mechanical and biological. The tank is situated in my basement but has been carefully built in to the furniture around it, and my sump is basically full to the brink. My chiller lives outside and comes on only when the temperature warrants it, however there is always flow to it (albeit not particularly fast flow). I'm wondering if building something that can be mounted on my wall OUTSIDE (where I have effectively huge amounts of space) and then intercepting the feed to or from the chiller might be the way to do things. Granted, cleaning the algae would be a bit of a pain and getting fully weatherproofed power to it will also not be a lot of fun, but I can't currently think of many better options.

Is anyone able to build something for me on this sort of scale?

Thanks.

Im not sure running a scrubber outside in our climate would be a great idea, not sure if -4 weather would have adverse effects on the algae. That said alot of the scrubbers are diy made. The only other way would be to get something drawn up and send it to a company to be made. could you not make room in the sump? You probably wont need half the stuff in your sump once you start scrubbing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information