+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for ideas

Looking for ideas

Having read a lot of the posts on here about design of scrubbers, I am undecided as to what design to go for.

My display tank is 4x2x2 (100 gal (imperial not USA)) and my sump is 30"x16"x18"
    I do feed quite heavily having about 20 fish in the tank, usually about 3 cubes or equiv. per day. Sometimes a bit extra.
    Origionally I was thinking of a horizontal scrubber. I do have room over the sump for a vertical scrubber, but the access to the sump is restricted to about 8".
    I am now thinking of a 8x5 screen with the 8" side horizontal and lit by 2 x 20w CFL 2700 bulbs so that I can slide the scrubber in and out between the top of the sump and the bottom edge of the cabinet for ease of cleaning and bulb changing.

Any thoughts and input gratefully acknowledged.

Dennis

Administrator
    Should be ok if all the light is reflected to hit the screen. If any light is escaping you'll need more wattage to make up for it.

The top, bottom and back of the light enclosure's will be covered by a reflector.

The lights and reflectors are supplied as 1 unit for indoor plant growing (hydroponics)

Hopefully, I will be building the unit this weekend and I will put some pics up next week.

Dennis

The next question is flow.

I can either T off the return from the DT as my return pump is a 6500 lph pump or put a dedicated pump in the sump, something like an Eheim compact 2000/3000.

Dennis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information