Views:	267
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1992Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2648.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1993
    Hi Guys,
    Here are some shots of my latest cleaning. This screen is 13 days old. It looks like I have either burnt one section or left the cleaning to long. An interesting point, the algae has only died off around the areas of the Royal Blue LED's. So I have turned the LED's down to 85% (approx) I will see how the next clean goes, but I have ordered more red LED's to change out the blue. IMO Red seems to get the best growth. The skimmer was turned off on day 7 of this screen. Tank is looking great!! Look fwd to any comments!
    Cheers Ben

Banned
    Not really seeing the "dying spot from the blue". I see very high nutrients and lots of cyano, very common on a new scrubber. My 60G tank took over 2 months of the "cyano" phase before it finally went away and I got good green using CFLs, looks like your getting green MUCH sooner than I did on that scrubber of mine.

Administrator
    Looks like the general pattern of greener growth with stronger light, which is in the middle of the screen.

Thanks Ace,
    Had a look back and it's seems I have been running some sort of ATS for 8 weeks now. I started with an over flow ATS (horizontal) then I went vertical with CFL's and poor reflectors. And now to this current LED one, this is by far the best ATS yet I have had. Very happy with the LED's!!!! Hope you right re nutrients etc. If you are it just goes to show how crap hobby tests kits are!! Water is still reading 0 for N & P.
    Ben

Banned
    The only thing I would recommend right now is cleaning the screen a little sooner. As soon as you get a solid layer of "slime" type stuff I would clean it, probably only take 4-5 days tops on your system right now. It is just a phase and it will go away eventually, so nothing at all to be concerned about. I think your LED light is near perfect and I wouldn't change a thing in regards to your lighting, just let it go and I am sure with a few more cleanings the screen will look even better than my LED scrubber, which is still a very nice thick solid green every week. Like you, I couldn't be happier with the growth I get from my LEDs.. the 42w CFLs I use on my other scrubber on the other hand are a joke in comparison. I think your LED selection is even better than mine which is why I think you will eventually get even better growth than I get.

I know this is probably in FAQ, but is it the screen that matures or the tank, in regarding to getting rid of cyano and getting green on the screen?

Administrator
    It's the removal of nutrients from the water and rocks.

Thanks SM

where did you buy your red led?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information