+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GU10 Led display light

GU10 Led display light

Hello!

I think i saw some posting on this forum that 1w leds is better than 3w leds for display tank lightning. Have anyone tried those 3x1W GU10 led bulbs for main light on nano tanks?

Jnad

If you use some blue and some white GU10's you will get disco effect, when those 2 colors will not blend properly. For good result you will want same fixture have blue and white chip inside. I mean blue and white source has to bee as close to each other as possible, especially when you use optic. May be its possible to find or order those somewhere. If not, DIY patch is always by side. I even remember seeing some empty bulb shells on www.dx.com . Another concern can be finding proper optic lens angles for your needs. Other than that I dont see why GU10 is not good for DT.

Found it http://dx.com/gu10-3w-3-led-slots-al...b-shell-104018

For this price worth to try . Looks good , if you'll like spectrum in the end. Description doesn't seem too accurate.
    Buy few and will see.

Banned
    I do not believe that 1w are better than 3w for display. The 1w being better than 3w is for red/blue light for an ATS screen where the light source is very close to the target and you want to pack in as much light in a tight area as possible, but as far as electricity use it is so negligible between 1w and 3w lights on an ATS that I would be surprised if it resulted in more than a $1 a month difference in the electric bill.

On a display the 1w LEDs won't have much penetration power, you will probably lose 75% of the intensity within 6". For a display light, I wouldn't even consider 1w unless you were talking "Pico" size tanks, which for me Pico = under 5G. Anything more than 5G and a good quality 3w PAR38 type bulb is better in my opinion.

Hello!

Thanks for answering, yes i agree, 3w is probably the best for display lightning.
    1W could probably work with soft and lps but not as good as 3w leds.
    I found this tread:
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=267432

jnad

My 16g runs on 1w whites and 2w driven blues. SPS are more happy than others. Penetration depends on optic too. Mine has no optic at all.

Banned
    At MACNA last year there were several LED lighting manufacturers using 1W LEDs. Since a 1W or 3W LED do not actually use 1W or 3W anymore (marketing), 3 1W LEDs will put out more light than 1 3W LED in many cases (not all). Cramming more 1W LEDs together in an array I would think would mean better coverage and less disco ball effect.

Hmm,
    It irritates me that technical equipment marked "tank equipment" always have to be way too expensive, really want to try these commercial GU10 lamps only to see if the lights made for a purpose other than tank lighting will work with some kind of satisfactory. Will see if I can come up with a nice fixture to put them in before I order some gu10 bulbs, it has to look good because the aquarium is in the living room.

Any suggestions how too place them over the tank in a nice looking way, the gu10 have to be aproximatly 10 inches from the water.

Jnad

Hi friends.
    The Led display lights are very best and beauty for your shop i have already install these lights in front t of my shop and display my shop products by these lights.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information