+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 55g scrubber

I have found that putting the rocks into a solution of hydrogen peroxide kills basically anything on them. The problem of course is that my bacteria load with no live rock in the tank will be very low for the couple of months minimum it takes to reestablish. Then when you throw in the fact that the bryposis grows from the sand too, cooking the rocks doesn't take care of it all. I fried half my rock last weekend, and I am going to do the other half this weekend, which I am hoping when paired with my increasingly efficient scrubber and magnesium treatment will battle back the big blooms, allowing the scrubber to keep it at a manageable level over all. I've been messing with this stuff for too long to just use a 1 method at a time attack, full blitz has been called.

Administrator
    Lowering the display lighting will always do it.

I snuck a peek at my scrubber, and I am amazed the difference that just upping the flow has created. I harvested 4 days ago and it is already at about double the growth level that it was. This is pretty exciting.

If my scrubber is showing considerable growth but isn't to the point where the algae is going to fall off the screen, should I just let it go for a few more days or scrape it down?

Administrator
    14 days max.

Sounds good, thanks for all the help getting me up and running!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information