+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plumbing Questions

Plumbing Questions

The "loop" system involving no slot has intrigued me and I am going to do this thing!

However, I am not a good visualizer and need some help understanding the plumbing.

For my setup I want to build a "box" which rests on the plastic lip of the tank. I would like to cut grooves in the box for the PVC to rest on. It would simply be a 9-10" piece of pipe capped on both ends with holes drilled. To remove I just pull it out and clean. My water level is a few inches below the top of the aquarium so I would have to enough room to make it the size i need.

Is there a way with such a setup to put a 1/2" input either on one or both ends to run the water from the pump into it. I want it to be extremely simple to remove and reattach without worry of bad seals/leaks etc.

Thinking my best bet would be to run these inputs and do the attaching/unattaching below water level so if it ever screwed up it wouldn't spray water everywhere.

Can someone help me to try and figure out what plumbing parts I would need to make this happen?

I have attached a horrible mspaint drawing to try and show what I mean. As I said, this is not my strong suit!

Also, the idea here is to simply hold me over until the new design comes out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	horrible visual.JPG‎
Views:	215
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1810  

May be this will work .

Banned
    That is what I used on my second scrubber on my 60G. Makes it real easy to remove the pipe with the slot in it (although I have not had a need to do it yet, when I go with the new hanging style it will come in handy). Obviously you can just cap one end of the pipe for the type of scrubber the OP is talking about.

thanks guys, this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information