+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SoundUser - LED Horizontal Algae Scrubber

Imagine that. A guy in the UK watching LA Fish Guy. He is pretty interesting to watch. I enjoy his clips. I think the problem he may be having is he continues to run other equipment along with the scrubber. Might have to do with client wants and desires of equipment. Makes him money too to sell product. No harm in that. It's his living.

Quote Originally Posted by sklywag View Post
    Imagine that. A guy in the UK watching LA Fish Guy. He is pretty interesting to watch. I enjoy his clips. I think the problem he may be having is he continues to run other equipment along with the scrubber. Might have to do with client wants and desires of equipment. Makes him money too to sell product. No harm in that. It's his living.
    Hes built one that looks a bit dodgy to me for one of his tanks. (skip to 7:45)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ep1v...ature=g-user-u

But he says in the comments that hes got a type 1 scrubber on his tank at home, but still has a lot of GHA in his tank. He thinks there is nutrients locked in his LR. But i dont know what other stuff hes using.

I love his youtube channel. Id rather what it than tanked.

Banned
    Yeah he's been running an SM100 for over 6 months now and still battling the algae. I've been chatting with him on a few things I think he was missing, like changing the lamps, and running the DT lights like 13 hours/day...

Okay. so algae growth is slowing to a crawl. Should I stop the skimmer or the GFO or ween off them/one or the other with a timer?

Cheers

As SM likes to say - skimmer removes food for corals before it becomes food for scrubber

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Yeah he's been running an SM100 for over 6 months now and still battling the algae. I've been chatting with him on a few things I think he was missing, like changing the lamps, and running the DT lights like 13 hours/day...
    he's selling 700nm red led strip lights now , maybe you should tell him to give them a go on the scrubber.

I think I need more light over the scrubber?
    Okay so over my tank Ive got 2 T5s 50 watts each. And 28 Cree LEDs. My scrubber growth was slowing down. So as a test I turned my Cool White leds down to 25% (14 whites)
    And my scrubber is growing like crazy again.

So more light on the scrubber? Its a one sided screen (25cm x 45cm total) with 12 leds so 36 watts.

Skimmers going off for a week or some. see what happens....

Hello Buddy, fancy seeing you here? LOADS of Ultimate reef guys on here now lol

Any updates?

Also, I have been watching LA fish guy for over 2 years, awesome vids! He used to be pretty stuck in his ways but he's been opening up to new ideas alot more lately.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information