+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RC posts of the new scrubber

I have posted on 3 sites in UK and quite a few people have been here to have a look and are def. intereted in building thier own.

Dennis

I will post stuff on the Atlanta Reef Club site. It gets pretty good traffic.

Administrator
    I'll definitely provide the "source code" in a code box.

I will see about securing a sticky in lighting and filteration sub-forum of RC. no other section this really belongs in...

SM, you really be trying to get them to come back to this site with what ever you post...forget RC after that, the more traffic here the better off you will be.. would RC permit that? or would their terms of use stop it?

Ace 25 is spot on.. IMO 2 years ago it was hard to find anything on led in the equipment forum on masa here in oz, now if you have a look, its almost every second post.. why? because people know they work now a few of us took the plunge and were able to start off with fairly cheap high powered units to get them going on the tec.. most have since upgraded. A nice custom built scrubber has been pretty expensive to buy and or make.. so hopefully the tweaks of a new scubber and the new size you release in may would get alot more involved at a better price point to give it ago. Time and money is a huge factor in this hobby.

A better way to put it is, like most people when starting out (young), we start off with a bomb of a car then over time we may buy and sell many others eventually getting the car thats suits, this may not be the one you first thought you may have but it is the one that you have evolved to want/need. I look at this hobby in the same light.

PM me if you want me to help promote your product/invention on our oz site or any other if you like..

Got to keep in mind you will always have people that jump on the haters bandwagon any where you go. Best you can do is just go for it and hope to not get flamed like crazy. I think the best course of action would be putting a disclaimer about it being a discussion about natural forms of filtration and the goal is to help others enhance their tanks. Maybe inform some of the RC mods that you are going to be posting about it and you are looking to have the least amount of negativity in the thread.

Administrator
    Has anyone asked if RC will put it in?

While you are at it, tell them that combining lighting and filtration topics was a bad idea; I always thought those two things had nothing to do with each other. Until now, of course

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Has anyone asked if RC will put it in?

While you are at it, tell them that combining lighting and filtration topics was a bad idea; I always thought those two things had nothing to do with each other. Until now, of course
    agree on that SM its a pain in da but weeding through topics you/I/us dont want to read.....

Banned
    I can pretty much guarantee you that RC won't allow you to post anything if it requires a payment (the $5 DIY license) in any way shape or form, even if you can get the first one for free. You will have to become a sponsor for a bajillion dollars/month to do that.

The solution is easy enough, instead of making it like an advertisement, just have someone build one for their own tank and post the build+pictures in the DIY area, then simply state that there is more details, including further designs, on Santa Monica's algaescrubber site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information