+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New over sump build

Banned
    Looks to me like that's a 6x6 screen so it could be underfed. I would ween off the vodka dosing, that is competing with the algae

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Looks to me like that's a 6x6 screen so it could be underfed. I would ween off the vodka dosing, that is competing with the algae
    The issue I have is that my main tank is growing plenty of algae now, so I dont want to feed more to try and get green growth on the screen. My goal is to remove nuisance algae from the DT, if that can be accomplished growing nothing on the screen thats fine with me. Not sure if I am saying it right, but I would rather have zero growth on screen and in tank, then to have lots of algae growth both on screen and in tank..

Actually the GHA all started when I changed my ATS from an in sump to an over sump. The in sump was over sized and growing just slime but it was growing more than this small screen. Now this scrubber is filtering about zero, and the growth in DT has started.

Ok I cut back on the lighting time, and also increased flow and finally got some green. Its a bit uneven because the water isnt flowing over the screen evenly, so I took it out and tried to fix the slot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information