+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: howdy from the uk - day one

Banned
    My reasoning for it may be a "lot" suspect, but this is how my screen developes brown first then turns green as it thickens up. Do screens without bubbles do this ? This is a 4 day screen.

Administrator
    Most screens do. Nutrients in the water are higher when the screen is "fresh", but as the screen grows, nutrients in the water are reduced, thus allowing greener growth.

Banned
    I have noticed a slight increase in N and P, when I have just cleaned the screen. This lasts about 4 days until the growth kicks in again. My confusion arises when the tufts of green algae that are attached to the screen after a clean stay green and do not brown.

Administrator
    Because the are already grown; they are already a particular species. Species don't morph into other species; they stay alive as themselves until they die.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    I have noticed a slight increase in N and P, when I have just cleaned the screen. This lasts about 4 days until the growth kicks in again. My confusion arises when the tufts of green algae that are attached to the screen after a clean stay green and do not brown.
    This is very frustrating for me. Thats why im running a HOG.5 along with my waterfall.. see if it helps between cleanings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Because the are already grown; they are already a particular species. Species don't morph into other species; they stay alive as themselves until they die.
    A while back I posted that maybe a partial screen "restart" may be the best way to grow different species which take advantage of varying nutrient levels. I think this is what is happening here also, even though not intentional.

Banned
    Few of today's screen shots;

Banned
    I don't think you could ask for a better looking screen of algae.

Banned
    Cheers Ace. Got a few "improvements" still going on this screen. Now maybe time to try the wierdest improvement yet. May play some trance music to my screen with some cheap speakers placed next to it;
    http://www.oilgae.com/club/users/tomcatino/blogs/1276

"Wan’s team, in fact, found a level of optimum exposure that led to a quadrupling of growth of the biomass, ...."

Just WooooW
    You will be first to try it for tank and may be think about undertable fuel plant.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information