+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adding ATS to bio filtered mixed reef

Administrator

Re: adding ATS to bio filtered mixed reef

Hobo you will want to move the lights down to the middle of the screen; you can put them right up against the acrylic of the scrubber so they are an inch or so away. It will not work the way you have them placed now (too far away; too little light-power, even though it looks bright.)

ok, i will move it.

moved the existing light and added another one to each side of the screen. there is already a light algal film on the canvas

just thought i would post a quick update. 9 days running - only four of those with double lights front and back. i still want to work on getting the lights closer to the screen like sm suggested, but it seems to be working pretty well for now.

Looks like a nice neat system. Can you see any diffrences in your N and P values?

thanks. the system was already pretty stable before adding the ats, it had been without a skimmer for a few months already. i havent tested the water in at least 6 months, so cant offer much scientific data on that. i do know that the glass still grows algae at present like it has for months, a very light film that is cleaned once or twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by butcherman
    Looks like a nice neat system. Can you see any diffrences in your N and P values?

Give it a few weeks and you'll start to see nitrates/phosphates coming down, and you'll need to clean the glass less and less often.
    Can you give us an overall photo of the scrubber + lights with the new lights please?

sorry this took me so long - here are some update pics. i added a third NO light behind the screen and put a 65 watt pc 6500k light in front.

here is the screen just before cleaning

here are the lights behind the screen

here it is all put back together.

i have only cleaned my glass once this week, i think it is starting to make a small difference in the tank

Administrator

Clean the screen right away, and clean every 3 days until it starts growing green. Then switch to 7 days.

Put a strip of plastic or metal foil along the pipe, so it blocks light from hitting the slot.

yessir

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information