+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Co2 turbo

Banned
    How many hours are you running the lights?

Banned
    Crash - what lighting are you using. Noticed a massive improvement on my lights when I replaced my cfl's after 3 months. When I get near end of the growth cycle, the algae is only about 1 inch from the lights and I am sure it could cope with more light.

Banned
    He's using one of my L2's

Crash if you're still getting that thick green growth then extend the light cycle a couple hours, until you start to get yellow growth. Could need to adjust a few times.

Then brown growth is likely diatoms and those usually pop up when you change something should go away eventually. The new scrubber may have created a new "set point" in the system, causing a few things to go out of balance. Patience is the key as it is in most cases with reef tanks

Banned
    Cheers floyd. The LEDs are adjustable a bit ( distance from screen ) aren't they ?

I am using Floyd's l2 great peice of kit the growth is electric green all over the screen im only on 8 hours a day. But last night had a brain wave to up the lighting its 16 on now I might have got a bit excited. LEDs are maximum distannce from screen and in the last 24hrs no burning of algae yet. One thing I might be doing wrong I clean the screen when it has a covering of green so I can't see the plastic mesh but should I be letting it grow thick if so how thick?

Banned
    Mines going 12 days, about 3/4 inch thick each side.

Ah maybe that's my problem I clean when its about 3-4 mm on each side every 3-4 days I was afraid of lower layers dying

Banned
    Bingo - the main growth occurs at the latter stages, just before you need to clean the screen.

So I will leave it grow to at least half inch on both sides and keep san eye on alK. My ph went from 8.0 to 8.3 dunno how

So today growth is going 3d at the bottom of the screen and about 4 mm each side of the screen now but in 48hours of 16 on 8 off no yellowing and algae growth if even better. maybe i should have the led's closer to the screen, thats a lot of light power for 16 hours and no yellowing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information