+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jnad's UAS test

Yes, you might just have nailed my problem, shi..... This probably have been the problem all the time, also with my waterfall scrubber

Banned
    Sorry jnad, I meant to say 3 watts each. So you wouldn't recommend these then !

No, i dont think theese led units is ideal for scrubber use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    Sorry jnad, I meant to say 3 watts each. So you wouldn't recommend these then !

I have two of theese led units, maybe i should try to solder the two of thees led configurations in parallell to one single driver.That would be half the effeckt on both led configurations, dont know if the driver can handle it but maybe it is worth a try. What do you think, maybe this will not solve my problem compleatly, but maybe it wil help some?
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    That's the problem... the LEDs are too close together.

Banned
    I think the problem is too intense lighting on a virgin screen. The light is preventing proper growth from taking hold on the screen. Burning the life out of it. The energy is just too much. Lower lighting will give algae, although weak, a chance to get a foothold. This must then be ramped up to get any filtering capability. Can't you go back to cfl until your screen takes off ? Or use a pre cured screen from a waterfall.

Get a light diffuser. I got these for my LED's that where burning and its really made a huge difference, I was even able to turn the hours up too.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    Yeah I have started including diffusers on my L2 after my experiences with my UAS

I have used a diffuser.

Hello!

Beacuse of the problems with the close led configuration i have made an exprimental change

Need suggestions for light hours with this exprimental led setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Le1J7cdExE&feature=plcp

Jnad

Banned
    I would think that you would get a lot of spill light into the tank with the LEDs placed where they are. Not much you can do about that, unless you extend a shield between the fixture and the side of the tank. But that would look pretty weird having a box extend 7-8" off the side of the tank to the light fixture.

I would think that if you placed a diffuser on the side of the tank and put the LEDs about 2" or 3" from it, that would work. You would still have the light spill problem, but a box extending only 3-4 inches from the tank to the fixture would look a little nicer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information