+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jnad's UAS test

The leds just turned on, it is not mutch light spill to the display, but as you say it certenly dont look nice

It is only for experiment

Jnad
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    I would think that you would get a lot of spill light into the tank with the LEDs placed where they are. Not much you can do about that, unless you extend a shield between the fixture and the side of the tank. But that would look pretty weird having a box extend 7-8" off the side of the tank to the light fixture.

I would think that if you placed a diffuser on the side of the tank and put the LEDs about 2" or 3" from it, that would work. You would still have the light spill problem, but a box extending only 3-4 inches from the tank to the fixture would look a little nicer.

Hello!

Here is some update.

The exprimental led setup was only used for one day, and it was not nice as Floyd said . Therfore i took it down and just to see what would happen i let the scrubber run without light. It has been with no light now for 5 days and i am a little suprised that the growth actually seem to have increased in those few days. The only light is daylight from room and windows.

I dont think there is an good permanent solution too run a scrubber like this with no artificial light, but this result made me think: Maybe scrubber setups like this that get natural daylight and not is enclosed in a dark box have somewhat other requierments when it comes to the need of artificial light? Maybe my scrubber actually have been exposed to too mutch light with artificial light during the night and daylight during the day? Maybe the recommended light just is good for scrubbers that keep the screen in darkness during the day?

This is just some thoughts and i hope for some comments on this.

Another thing is that i have made a mistake with my screen when it comes to size, the screen is way too big, the screen is 11x4 inches. This could very well be the reason for slow progress with my test scrubber, i am going to make the screen smaller today.

Here is a video
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAazvK_cmZY

Jnad

cant open that tube link.
    Kerry just noticed that bubbles are not required, now you find that light is not necessary. I wait when somebody find out that screen is rudiment.
    Im not serious today . ugh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kotlec View Post
    cant open that tube link.
    Kerry just noticed that bubbles are not required, now you find that light is not necessary. I wait when somebody find out that screen is rudiment.
    Im not serious today . ugh
    Almost everyone who has algae in their display tanks fulfills the above criteria (a bit of light obviously)!!

Hello!

Kotlec: The link work for me?

Any one else having problems with the link?

If so maybe SM can fix it?

jnad

That link has an M. in the address and that's for mobile units... Here is the standard computer youtube link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAazvK_cmZY

Tanks for help with the link Ruddybop.

The screen is now cut down too 4x5 inches that fit my daily feeding. The screen size was actually more than doubble the needed size with my amount of feeding, big newbee mistake

The scrubber will be running just with daylight for 7 more days, i am going on a trip to France on sunday and coming back on thursday the 28. Then i will post something new i have been testing, and of course it have something to do with algae scrubbers i hope it not is just another newbee mistake

Jnad

Administrator
    Yes they need bubbles, and yes they need light. But they need dark too.

Hello!

Yes, dark period is probably also important, maybe as important as the light period is. My current scrubber two main faults is probably no dark period but 24 hours with light and more than twise the screen size needed

Jnad

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Yes they need bubbles, and yes they need light. But they need dark too.

Hello!

Here is a photo of screen size after decresed:
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...filter=noflash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information