+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kerry's UAS test

I had a little more growth this 2 week cleaning on the 150G HOB UAS and also in addition had a large handful in the HOB area too. Sorry didn't get photo's. The 10G UAS is doing fine with about 5PPM nitrate and no detectable phosphate (API). My 150G on the other hand is still in the same area as before with 20-40 PPM nitrate and I also tested the phosphate this time and its .05 (API) . I also did a full work up on my 40G waterfall and its all zero's, the Ca. is a little high at 550 and the ALK was a touch low at 7.6.
    This last cleaning I did not use a brush on the screen and get a complete cleaning I only used a card which proved to get the algae growth spread out to the edges.
    I think we need some other folks to test the UAS on a large tank say 125G+. Is the phos problem only been reported on larger tanks with UAS??? My smaller UAS scrubber tank is fine and has no issues that I can detect so far.
    SM have you considered running a UAS on your large display tank?

Also can anyone recommend a reasonably priced phosphate reduction product that I can put in a media basket on my canister filter. I am not in the position to do a 50% water change on my 150G at the moment.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    Yes I'll be putting them on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information