+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Othello's UAS test

I have one question that just popped into my mind here: with the type of growth I get (as per last screen shot) would it be better to let screen grow over a longer period...say shift cleanings to every 10 or 14 days instead of every 7?

I upped the lighting from 12 to 18 hours on and 6 off...that was sunday night...I will check it tonight to see the growth on it...

You could go some more days if the bottom layer is not brown and falling off. I am worried that I am doing something wrong due to the fact the one on my nano is doing just fine buy my 150 is not but I get a ton better growth with my 150 screens.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    As far as nitrates go, you can let them get as high as 100ppm before you risk long-term damage to your fish, but corals are a different story. Some of them do not line any nitrate/phosphate, others are very tolerant and some prefer a little dirtier water, such as LPS and softies. As long as your display algae is under control and you don't have corals dying off, you're probably OK, but it's just something to pay attention to so that if you do start noticing a problem, you can apply a quick remedy (PWC)

:idea:

I agree with you Floyd. time will tell I guess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information