+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's me!!!

It's me!!!

Yep I'm hear and spamming the boards

But seriously, I do like the concept of the scrubber and have some great ideas in the works.

I guess I am the first to power with LED lighting. My first screen was cotton and deteriorated rather quickly, about two weeks. I am now establishing a new plastic one, but unfortunately my trates and all are on the low side to start with, as it is setup in a new tank, with no livestock at the moment.

My 20 gal nano reef is going to get a custom hob nano. I will design a nice slimline with built in pump and all. Hopefully it will be way cool.

My main thing is Man Made rock. I have been experimenting since last Christmas and getting my recipe down to a science. I do have a website for it, but not really launching the site until I have great success with my current rocks.

Administrator

Re: It's me!!!

Very cool... I like nano ideas

What is your LED lighting?

I can't find that RED GREEN LED panel light link anywhere.. Do you recall it SantaMonica?

Administrator

Here's the LED panel I used for the test; the cheapest, lowest-power 14W one:
    http://shop.sunshine-systems.com/product.sc?productId=1

Except I got it from here:
    http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/ind ... ductId=263

The next step up is this 45W one (although still not high power):
    http://shop.sunshine-systems.com/produc ... oductId=10

Hey! Those are it! Thanks!

What's your assessment so far?

Administrator

Mine -- Still have to put it in the sump. Snail is currently using his, however.

LOL, bought my panel at feebay from led wholesalers.

So far I have the green slime in spots corresponding to particular colored rows where where the blue and red overlap best. I started a new thread on hex tanks, and will most likely bulk order some leds this week or so.

I have to make up a few scrubbers for prototypes, but I need a big one for my 225 when it is together. I like em OK, but so far I would have to say the compact fluorescent or t-5 probably work better.

I have some wave timers on the way, and will get the surge up and running this week. Then we will see how long it takes for the turf to establish. The green slime and diatom may not have the same exact lighting needs as the turf. Or shall I say, the turf may or may not grow under led power.

I know for a fact, that if I wasn't trying this scrubber, the led would be growing macro like crazy. It did on my other tank but at a farther distance than my scrubber is at.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information