+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10.000 m3 (2.641.720 Gallons ) Tank Project

Re: 10.000 m3 (2.641.720 Gallons ) Tank Project

i am so so sorry i was working hard for legal permissions of farm.it is cause a lot of work especially environmentalist is a big problem.i think i can begin to sending pictures in couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagold
    Are you plans changing at all natapa on how you think you might build this operation?
    Did you get a chance to talk with any fish farmers in your area?
    i will be first farmer in my city.i research other cities.there are some people doing that.but they are simple inexperienced farmers.they are not reuse the water so they can't earn money because of electric bills.Also i think they can't supply regulation for this reason.

I suggest that what ever system you end up using - stock your ponds low in fish numbers so that you don't have as many problems,
    i am thinking like you i don't want to high stock but decreasing the water changing is advantageous.i don't know, is it the same thing.

And poly-culture.i thought to much on it.living creatures which are eating dissolved organics and fishes are eating this living creatures this is a very good idea.but growing that living creatures is more difficult than growing fish so i decide that living creature variety cause the same amount problems.for example seabass with grey mullet is reasonable but living creatures excepted the fish is risky.

You will need to trap and remove the suspended solids

And here is my question.i get confused in this subject.in new sources most of people saying mechanical filtration is damaging water health.i think S.M is thinking like that isn't it.

Yes, fixed hurt water quality but only in so much as they become nitrate factories. If you have sufficient TS area then that is not really an issue. I hate to say it again :lol: but some sort of motorized screen filter that the water must pass thru then gets automatically dumped in the same manner as I mentioned earlier would carry the bulk of the filtered waste out of the water avoiding some of the TS loading.

Administrator

If you clean the mechanical filters daily, would be ok.

Mechanical filters in aquaculture are not the same as aquarium filters.
    Fish farmers use drum filters or belt filters which take the small food particles out into a waste section.
    They do though produce a waste water that then needs to be dealt with ie to land or cleaned for reuse.
    Parabolic sreen filters can work well if designed in properly.
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... een-Filter. Look elsewhere as well at these.

On the matter of polyculture, each organism is grown to take advantage of the waste from another animal.
    Each organism then has a value as a saleable product. A bit like feeding cattle over ponds and the manure feeding the fish once it turns into free floating algae.
    These ponds usually have a detrivore species which consumes the cattle manure that helps process the waste for the other fish species.

These are all just thoughts on what could be done but not being there and knowing what you have available is hard from here.

Biggest problem most businesses have is not having enough capital to keep going until the venture becomes profitable.

I visited a local farmer yesterday I know who has been using some of my gear. He has sold all his livestock and is closing the doors.
    Some of the problems was that he was not making it pay because of, recirculation setup not performing as was desired, biology of animals not been satisfied by the recirc setup, microbiol pressure in the recirc unit not growing good 'bacteria' but growing too much bad 'bacteria'..... all these things plus others have lead to the closure of another multi million dollar enterprise. The original developer lost nearly 3 mil.

I've been in the industry over ten years and seen alot come and go because of some of the reasons above.

Do your homework before you put any money into the infrastructure. It wil save you money in the long run. Otherwise do it at the moment as a hobby to get a feel for it.

Interesting stuff this. I wanted to do aqua culture. I even took college courses and seminars on the subject. Then I looked at the paperwork hassles(25years ago).. I couldn't deal with it all.

don't discourage me.i am enough suspicious

i was thinking plan like that.i can add mechanical filters before the ats
    [attachment=0:20aldzag]Drawing2.jpg[/attachment:20aldzag]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't do waterfall technique in joining ponds. Unless you can guarrantee the success of your scrubber in adding Oxygen.
    Why not do a large pond that you filter through your scrubber and grow the fish in floating cages?
    That way the water volume will give you some room to make errors in the beginning.

You will need to watch your salinity levels getting affected with heavy rain fall or any run off water from the land.
    Runoff water is something you don't want.

I'm not sure on your fish species needs as far as culture requirements but will the temperature vary much?
    Are you liming the water to keep alkalinity.

Is a hard thing to get away from needing to use water pumps when farming fish in ponds.
    Do some homework on airlifts for moving the water.
    I haven't seen it used but heard that it can be done.

Pity your so far away or i'd pop over and help you design a system.
    I fly out for Cambodia on the 6 July to help build a fish breeding and grow out facility for a mission organisation we sponsor.
    Am there 5 weeks this time but plan to try a 3 month stay next time.

All the best Natapa.

Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information