+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2700K Leds

2700K Leds

Hello!

Is 2700K leds giving the same light spectrum and algae growth as 2700K CFL bulbs?

Jnad

Banned
    You would need to have spectral graphs of each bulb to compare against, but I can almost guarantee the answer is "no", they do not give off the same spectrum, then again, 2 different brand 2700k CFL bulbs can give off completely different spectrums also, yet when all the spectrums are combine both could still come out to 2700k. This is one of the biggest "flaws" with using Kelvin, it is a unit of measurement for human eyes to gauge the color of the light, but has nothing to do with anything else (spectrum / intensity).

Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    You would need to have spectral graphs of each bulb to compare against, but I can almost guarantee the answer is "no", they do not give off the same spectrum, then again, 2 different brand 2700k CFL bulbs can give off completely different spectrums also, yet when all the spectrums are combine both could still come out to 2700k. This is one of the biggest "flaws" with using Kelvin, it is a unit of measurement for human eyes to gauge the color of the light, but has nothing to do with anything else (spectrum / intensity).
    Tanks, that how i suspect it to be when comparing leds and cfl bulbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information