+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cmaxtian's UAS test

Cmaxtian's UAS test

I have a regular, quite large DAS (downstream AS..) . powered by a huge eheim pump and 8x39w T5HO at 3000K. Its just supergreat.

For my smaler tank I want to try this UAS...
    so here it is:

does boble size matter? Cause they turned out quite fine..

This is a picture taken from above. same as the one in this thread, I just have no airstone. Just a newjet 1200 and a small airpump
    connected to it.. just started it up, about 2 minutes ago..

Click image for larger version

Name:	myUAS.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	2270

It is in a smal 20 liter tank now (about 5 gallons). I use a newjet 600 to pump water in to the tank - and have a
    40mm outlet.

video:

http://youtu.be/2AyQPn1dlHw

that was my original plan, no airpump.. but i guess it is to much resitance.. Cause when I connected everything (with no airpump), water came pouring out the airline..
    Thats why i put the pump in.
    Removing the end caps on the T, was no good.
    Maybe if I make the slot wider, it is about 3mm now - or but a smaler pump in it - that it would suck in air insted of pumping water out of it.

yes - lots of bubbles. but no problem in my setup. The UAS will be on top of my sump and will return the water at the same location as the return from the display tank. the water then flows thru a bunch of airtraps - so no problem

wow.. already growing and I started it up yesterday.. And it only get light from the regular AS to the left (se picture to the right..) :-)
    (I am still waiting for the CFLs that i ordered online)

Name:	myUASgrowing.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	2281Click image for larger version

Name:	myUASlight.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2282

i should have rotated the pictures first, oh well..

Administrator
    Would be great if you could do a screen pic each day.

no problem - will do. So far I guess it will mostly grow on the left side were it get some light off the other downstream turf. My new CFL´s are still some days away in a snail mail package, but will hook them up when they arrive

Day 3:
    still no light source of it self, but grows on both sides anyway:

my regular turf is on 18 hours, and off for 6.

video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQR2iPVbkOM

my regular turf

Name:	myRegularAS.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2303

UAS Day3

Name:	UASday3.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2304

short about my system:
    display tank: 450 liters / 4 (for simplicity) = 113 gallons - overflow down to my basement.
    gravity feed to the skimmer, from skimmer to sump1 (63 gallon tank). planed use for lps frags. Now only a
    UV filter and a chiller there. Sump1 is on the floor. Water then pumped up by a newjet8000 to sump2 (100 gallons), about 4 feet.
    In sump 2 - i have 1 newjet 3000 feeding my pellets filter, my rowaphos filter and my calcium reactor thru variuos pvc lines.
    I also have my rather large scrubber there, feed by an eheim1260, and 4x39W T5HO on each side.
    Everything controlled by an old IKS aquastar that fills up with RO thru my calcium mixer and it also fills up freshly mixed saltwater
    from a 50 gallon tank. (my system refills saltwater when retur chamber is very low, and refills ro calcium water when saltinity reaches a set limit -
    works perfectly).
    At the far end of sump2, there is a newjet6000 returing the processed water up to the display tank.

Feeding: eheim auto feeder 4 times a day. so more than just a few pinches.
    4 to 5 cubes of frozen foods - close to every day.
    My tiny snowflake - that now has become a monster - wants 1 scampi every second day. if I am out - he wants 5 smal scrimp.. yes
    he eats big. He is getting to big for this tank, so he will soon move to a bigger home. If I can catch him..

just added 2xCFLs at 30w each - 2700K megaman. Reflector is to small.. and the location of the lamps is not according to spec..
    but it will do - it grows as is - so no worries. on for 18 hours, off for 6. will add picture tonight (norwegian time..)

day 4:

Name:	day4.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	2324

missed a day, so this is day 6:

Nice growth - but now it needs cleaning. the slot is totaly clogged by algae growth so there is hardly any bubble action. lots of bubbles stuck
    all over the screen/growth too. plenty salt creep , but the lid helps some..

Name:	day6_1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2325Click image for larger version

Name:	day6_2.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2326

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information