+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scrubit's UAS test

Banned
    Scrubit - just a quick one on your lighting. If I understand correctly you've got 2 x 40watt cfl at the front ( a few inches from the screen ) and 2 x 40watt cfl at the top ( shining on your mirror ). Is there any noticeable difference in growth on the front compared to the back of the screen.

I actually have four 40w cfls maybe 2" from the front of the screen and two 40w about 10" above the back mirror, and there is quite a bit of difference in the growth. The back is almost all long and dark with a few small patches of very dark forest green. I have the lights on a 12on 12off schedule now, and if the front side continues to fill in green I will probably even it out with three on each side next cleaning and adjust the lighting time if needed.

Banned
    Very impressive growth in such a short time. I'm assuming that the screens were pre-cured in an ATS system, to be able to produce so well in a short period. What have you got this bad boy connected up to, as it's rated for about 10 cubes a day.

You are correct, the screen was part of my waterfall scrubber for about 8 months so it was pretty established to begin with. Though I was never able to get the green algae to take over the way it seems to be doing with the upflow design.
    It is a bit oversized too...its connected to a 125gal DT and I feed 5-6 cubes a day.

Banned
    So when you've got things where you want them, you can just light the front and turn it into a 5 cube single side, nice plan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information