+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Acorral's UAS test

HI kerry, I am trying to say is that the UAS as ATS provide the same amount of oxygen to the water

that's all

Cotinued using the UAS to kill the bryopsis but it persists in 3 rocks still and in some sections of the back glass that is covered in coralline algae...

I guess the UAS is not performing properly, I have been increasing the light period and still don't get bright green algae... I guess that is perhaps caused by the 2 sided design that implies indirect light going through 7 inches of water column... I'm considering doubling the light and the screen size and convert it back to 1 sided... also because the 2 sided setup takes too much effort to clean the mirrors...

The other option I'm considering is converting it to 1 sided with the current light output and screen size and add an ATS to the system to compoensate for the capacity loss on the conversion to 1 sided.... I guess that would also work as a test between UAS and ATS... to see if one of them could outcompete the other one, perhaps proving which one is more efficient...

For now these 2 options are just ideas... I'll keep you posted...

Administrator
    You can keep increasing the light until the growth turns yellow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread Information