+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeit2me's UAS test

LOL.. I think it's rough enough.. at one spot it's like almost paper thin.. that how much I rough it up with the hole saw bit.. \

I use 18 gauge strand wire. it was what I had on hand from my pervious LED project. it works. Can't judge from the pic quality, but i've pre tint all the contact points on the LED and pre tint the wires before I solder them together. So, there isn't any cold solder points/joints on this solder job. Been soldering for ages.. so this isn't something new to me. and plus after each solder joint, I would just preform a "tug" test to make sure it's solder properly.

oh by the way, did you guys notice when you roughing up the screen with the hole saw bit, you create a "directional"roughness. Meaning when you run your hands after roughing it, one direction is kind of smooth and the otheer is kind of rough? Since my water was up flowing from the bottom to the top. I have flipped my screen the (roughness) pointing downwards, basically acting like a anchor for the algae to hook or grow on to. Probably mention somewhere in this forum, but just throwing it out there thats all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leeit2me View Post
    Are you saying this is a pic of the roughed-up screen?

Oops, froming looking at my collection of pics I uploaded, I guess that pic wasn't the roughing one. but hey, you get the idea, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information