+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATS

Re: ATS

Then feed MORE MORE MORE. Ten times more. The corals will grow much much more too.

o I'll be feeding if I can guess it will be feeding 5 cup daily of phyto and ton's of live food if possible

any advantages to having the screen I'm using and glueing together a second one to the other side making the squares line up or should I alternate the square's so they are cut in half?

Does not matter how it is glued.

how should I rough it up what size sand paper etc?

just curious is it true that ATS take out alot of inorganic's while leaving organic's?

acrylic box:16"H x 26"Lx6"W

would this be the right demension's for the acrylic box for a 750gph pump with 2-1200gph bulkhead's only 1 as back up incase the algae block's the one opening of 1200gph bulkhead drain or am I good with 1?

Administrator

Well that makes it a propagation tank if you want to sell them. Remember they are just another corals that needs more food, and gives off ammonia. They are the opposite of algae, which eats ammonia and gives off food (pods).

So your scrubber, even with 8 bulbs on each side (400 watts), will be marginal.

ATS is only a compliment everything was done in section's and tested besides the ats I could go without one no problem but just figured a ats will cut down on glass scrapping a bit along with allowing me to dose just a bit more so i can load the tank up with lot's of protein/hufa etc for keeping alive and in decent population the available live food on my reef

it will be mostly a propagating tank along with display for mother colonies and some hard to keep for me coral's and medium flow mostly softies,a tad bit of lower light sps like encrusting montipora digitata,some lps along with a pair of mandarin's the nemo's will go once my live filter is up and maybe if thing's work out pipefish or seahorse's for the future I'll be going slow

never tested for ammonia in my life never had to worry with a small fish load and large soft coral population

any advice about the scrubber box wouldn't mind leaving room for another 2-t5 bulb's on each side just incase I want to upgrade later as the tank get's stocked?

the above refuge I was wondering if it might offset a bit if I put in macro algae or is it better for me to just use it for alot of reef rubble and pod's?

Administrator

You can fit up to 8 bulbs on each side. So make room for those, and just use the middle ones for now.

Don't use other macros; they will just die. Use rubble.

That's cool I'll stick with 4 total for now I'll make it to have have room for 8-t5 on each side for the future just incase good suggestion should I extend the screen even thou it is not neccessory would you suggest this or keep a small screen and go with the addition of light's? I also like the fact I can load the refuge with rubble thank's

I only want to start with 4-t5 only so I can get an idea of how strong a ats really is I've been hearing of people with a 2000G fish only system with 4-23 watt bulb's being able to bring their phosphate and nitrate from 10ppm to 5ppm this make's me think that it is powerful I still want algae growing in the tank that's the thing I still want to scrape the glass I don't want 0 ppm

the light I can get for 4t5 is approx 8to10" and for 8 would be 16to20" would you suggest a 24" deep box?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information