+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slammed for use of scrubber

Slammed for use of scrubber

Why is it when you say you are using a scrubber it creates a huge stir? I joined into a discussion on RC and boy did it create a stir. The subject how important is a good skimmer. Of course a lot of people put its the most important piece of equipment you can buy. I brought up algae scrubbers and it seemed like that was what the original poster was looking for, he even pmed me to ask me questions. But everyone else all I can say is wow.

Nobody likes spend hundreds or thousands $$$ and then find out that all money are wasted.
    DIY scrubber is cheap and fun to build.

Quote Originally Posted by kotlec View Post
    Nobody likes spend hundreds or thousands $$$ and then find out that all money are wasted.
    DIY scrubber is cheap and fun to build.
    Agree totally!

Banned
    Link to thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Link to thread?
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...1#post20304514

Here you go. They really hate scrubbers but some people are thinking now

Banned
    No they just like to keep us in our little corner on the Advanced Topics section. I couldn't help but post on it...

I appreciate the backup. They are so one minded. Nothing like keeping an open mind. Lol

Banned
    You just have to remember that flies are attracted to honey vs vinegar. Pick your battles. All I do in those types of situations is tell my experiences and try not to tell others what to do, because 1) that is arrogant and pushy (I let others be arrogant and pushy and see who wins) 2) it doesn't extend my knowledge past what I actually know based on my experience (i.e. I'm not full of it) and 3) telling someone what to do doesn't teach them anything, showing them where to learn about something helps them understand the 'why'.

Wow! I was actually able to read that. I usually can't even view RC since being banned almost two years ago. I'm amazed you guys haven't been banned. I got banned for warning another person about trigger happy mods on banning people for small things like trying to sell before having so many posts.

from what I can tell, skimmers are half good and half bad. where as scrubbers are all good?

And i dont know if you US boys know that scrubber is a slang word for a Hoe in England. All these dirty scrubber comments are amusing..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information