+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slammed for use of scrubber

Banned
    LOL that's pretty funny man.

One thing I've found is that you don't find many people who are dissatisfied with their scrubber. I have come across a few people that tried them but didn't like cleaning every week and weren't seeing results so just gave up without figuring out that it was built completely wrong.

The biggest problems I have seen is when someone puts one on a tank that is completely overridden with algae from long-term negligence and/or poor husbandry in general.

Banned
    Hoe - us posh gentry have people that use hoes in ones garden!

I love scraping off my scrubber. I cut a little piece of glass just for the occasion. Its like actually murdering the GHA. Unlike my old tank where I would pull my hair out of the tank while pulling my hair out too.

so wait... let me get this straight floyd. you have had people complain about having to take 5 minutes to scrape a screen and do nothing else but feed the crap out of their tank? I mean i guess having to prune your coral cause it grows like a wild fire can be kind of pain(seriously?). As opposed to emptying a poo smelling cup and scraping your glass and wondering why your corals are small and starving.. !! people are weird.

Banned
    Not to sound like a geezer, but I've been around long enough to know that there are people that are only happen when they can complain. As the song goes, "I'm only happy when it rains".

Quote Originally Posted by SoundUser View Post
    And i dont know if you US boys know that scrubber is a slang word for a Hoe in England. All these dirty LITTLE scrubber comments are amusing..

Fixed for ya.^

Back on topic , This is why I lurk and watch because of the closed mindedness about anything not super-sized skimmer with mega high flow. [Which hasn't worked well for me for 4-5yrs.]

Sorry for my earlier digression.

Banned
    I am actually amazed at how attitudes have changed over the last few years. Especially here in the UK. However, there are still plenty of manufacturers pushing filters for this and filters for that and whilst not dismissing algae scrubbers, always suggest a protein skimmer and a miriad of other devices that have questionable value (surprise, surprise)! There is definitely a shift in scrubbing but still a lack of information and published filtration improvement. I expect that over the next few years, the balance point will be tipped into natural filtration methods as a standard in maintaining aquariums ( especially salty ones ). Don't know what all the skimmer makers are gonna do though, make scrubbers I suppose!

LOL, not if sm keeps patenting everything they wont.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wopadobop View Post
    LOL, not if sm keeps patenting everything they wont.
    Dont think patents apply in China !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information