+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HOG.5

Hey Santa Monica,

I just received my HOG.5! Yay, its gonna be great for my Fluval Edge nano. I were just wondering, cause I concluded that I messed up the order since the HOG werent assembled, which is fair enough (my bad ).

Anyway, when do you think the guide movie will be up an running on how to assemble it? I think I am able to without, but it would be nice with a guide.

Secondly, its going to hang in a Aqua Clear 50, and the acryl is a bit tinted compared to normal clear placstic... Do you think its gonna cause major problems? There is only going to be one fish and a shrimp in the tank so feeding is minimal.

Administrator
    Yes, you had ordered the "kit', which you will need to build yourself. The how-to-build video will not be done anytime soon, so you should try it without.

Tinted aquarium glass? You will have to just try it.

Oh okay - just one question: The air tube, in what way do you cut it for the best bubbles? Like -|-|-|-|-|-|-?

And its not the aquarium thats tinted, but the Aqua Clear 50 (its a hang on filter) where I have removed the filter and gonna replace it with the HOG.

I have some LED's behind a HOB filter that is tinted like the aqua clear and mine works ok.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    Yes that tubing slice pattern is fine.

SM, so i've been up and running about 3 1/2 weeks now, and I still only have the smallest amount of green at the edges of my screen. I reduced my light from 18 on/6 off to 12 on/12 off last week. Should I be taking the plunge and take my skimmer offline? I'm nervous to, but I assume that is probably part of the reason that my screen is taking longer to fill in than others.

Administrator
    That would help. What are measurements now?

You can reduce hours more.

Also, if you have the unit above the water (to remove bubbles), and if you don't mind bubbles, you can slide it down farther; this will flow more and water deliver more nutrients to the screen.

Also, if you don't mind more red light, you could open the bottom holes up more, below and beside the screen. This will deliver more nutrients to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by pitzenmj View Post
    SM, so i've been up and running about 3 1/2 weeks now, and I still only have the smallest amount of green at the edges of my screen. I reduced my light from 18 on/6 off to 12 on/12 off last week. Should I be taking the plunge and take my skimmer offline? I'm nervous to, but I assume that is probably part of the reason that my screen is taking longer to fill in than others.
    Your not alone as mine is doing the same thing at 4 weeks. I backed off the light to 15 hours but I think I will drop it to 12 now. I have a biowheel on a 20g fish only without rock and I'm nervous to take it off line. I think I will drill bigger holes in it now.

What to do?

Here is mine after 4 weeks with weekly cleanings. I just drilled larger holes in it after I took these. What do you recommend?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg‎
Views:	361
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	3267   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg‎
Views:	342
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	3268  

Administrator
    Yep less hours, down to whatever it needs to be. And more days... up to 14.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information