+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HOG.5

My glass is thicker than 1/4 in. What type of suction-cups work?

Administrator
    Any rubber ones. I have some cups and brackets here:
    http://www.santa-monica.cc/Suction-C...HOG5_p_33.html

Or you could add extra magnets:
    http://www.santa-monica.cc/Magnets-f...HOG5_p_26.html

Administrator
    The suction-cup version is now available, for any thickness glass or acrylic... HOG.5 Suction Cup Version

Administrator
    Finally got a one-sheet made:

Administrator
    Two improvements, which can be applied to already-bought units:

1. The 3 holes on the side of the bubble tray can also be added to the other side of the tray, so there will be holes on both sides. If you don't mind the extra red light coming out, this will increase water flow across the screen. If the growth has been yellow, this will help. If yours is working fine, however, you don't need to do anything.

2. The screen will now be laying flat against the tray, instead of tilting forward towards the glass; this will keep the screen farther from the light, which will let it grow better. Also, it will give a full 1 inch of growth space inside. If yours is tilted towards the glass, you can heat it up a bit with a hair dryer and bend it flat on the tray (the tray won't melt... it is oven-proof). If yours is working fine, however, you don't need to do anything.

Administrator
    Another improvement: The magnets are now being covered with black silicone. The black plastic tray can now be twisted back and forth, and the magnets don't move at all. And although the magnets are already epoxy coated, the black silicone will allow them to last much longer without any scratches.

Mines doing great since few months until Mines turning to rust

It's magnet area all 4 corners..I tried to clean rust off but it does no good..

I emailed you from your store website..

What do you suggest ?

Thanks
    Jake

Administrator
    We are now covering the magnets in black silicone and it works great. Any glue will work actually, even super glue frag gel which dries underwater. Just put it over yours and it should be good for quite a while.

I am having a couple ongoing issues with the magnets seriously corroding and falling off I have attempted to clean and reattach them numerous times. I just ordered some different magnets to try but wanted to know the name of the black silicon now being used? Also having a problem with salt spray out of the little vent hole on top. It has actually corroded my light fixture which is 18" above the scrubber. If I lower the scrubber, the bubbles in the water make a huge mess. How are others dealing with this?

Administrator
    Well we are now sealing the magnets in black Aqueon aquriuum silicone (Ebay, etc). Very permanent, very flexible, and totally sealed. It adds another whole day of drying time to the building process however.

For the bubbles, you can just put some airline in the hole; enlarge the hole just enough and you won't have to glue the airline in.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information