+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HOG.5

Administrator
    It keeps nutrients in the water lower, which lets the scrubber grow greener, which filters better.

Here is my screen after 17 days. I'm running my light 8.5 hours per day. See details of tank and photo below. Should I change anything yet (increase light, increase feeding, remove my phosban, chemipure or purigen, etc.)? The middle of the screen is still more white than the rest of the screen.

The color of the algae on the screen is slightly more green than it shows in the photo. Also, the bubbles do not show up very well in this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by duganderson View Post
    I added a HOG.5 to my 28 g. nano cube. I did rub some algae (bryopsis... but I thought it was green hair algae) on there before starting. My cube has 3 small fish, 5 snails, softies, 2 RBTA, a couple LPS and one SPS. I don’t feed even close to ½ cube per day. I probably feed the equivalent of 1/8 cube per day or less.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 17 UAS in water.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	3894

Here is an updated photo of the Bryopsis in my display. I pulled some out some but my HOG.5 (and/or my phosban, chemipure or purigen) does seem to be helping it to die. The UAS has been in 17 days. Also, the green hair algae in my display is disappearing quickly.

The red algae (also see in photo; I think it's red turf algae) actually seems to be getting worse since adding the UAS. Any ideas about why this is occuring? Should the UAS kill this too?

Name:	Red Turf? and Bryopsis UAS day 17.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	3895

Here is a photo from about 1 week ago.

Attachment 3831[/QUOTE]

Administrator
    The phosban is slowing down the scrubber, and also removing the display algae. Let the scrubber go to 21 days, and increase light to 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    The phosban is slowing down the scrubber, and also removing the display algae. Let the scrubber go to 21 days, and increase light to 10 hours.
    Would you suggest leaving the phosban or taking it out?

Administrator
    Take it out.

Would you pull out the chemipure or purigen too???

Administrator
    Can leave them in if you want. Main thing is to not let them collect particles.

Name:	UAS HOG.5 day 24.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	3913

Here is a photo of my HOG.5 on day 24 in my 28 g. nano cube. I started with 8.5 hours of light, 10 hours day 19, 11 hours day 21, 12 hours day 20 until now.

As you can see the growth is not quite as good in the middle but it is not white. Can I continue to increase the duration of my lighting? Do you start to reduce light when growth is less in the middle (like on mine) or not until it's white in the middle?

Thanks

Administrator
    Go to 16 hours.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information