+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HOG.5

Hello!

What a great little scrubber, very nice.

Du you use magnets inside the tank too, are they seald with silicone? Or are magnets reef safe?

And are the leds running with 3 W effeckt eatch?

Jnad

Administrator
    Thanks.

Yes there are magnets inside the tank. They are epoxy coated, and I tested them in sw for a few months and they seem to hold up.

LED are running at 700 ma, but not quite 3w each because a lot of power is going to heat up the power converter. The kill-o-watt measures 7 watts.

All genius is simple.
    How many holes for water circulation and what size ?

Administrator
    Small holes, to keep the fish out, no bigger than 1/16" (about 1.5mm). Five or so on the bottom, and a few on the side. Water circulation was not a main concern.

So how we will clean water without having access to it ? I thing concentration of N and P inside will be very small compared to tank. What I am missing ?

Hey santa monica,

Can you describe how you integrated the LEDs into the food service tray? Also, where did you find the food service trays? What kind of air pump did you use? Finally, I remember the diagram stating that this is for 0.5 cubes a day. This seems to replicate the guidelines for the ATS scrubbers. Is it clear at this point that the upflow have the same guidelines as the waterfall? This system seems ideal for my 55 gallon but I thought about using a white rubbermaid 8X6 container to allow for a larger screen size if necessary. As far as magnets, you mentioned that you epoxied them. Is this the same stuff that you use to anchor coral or something different? I originally though about using nano size magfloats to anchor my box down.

Administrator
    Lower N an P will help grow green algae which filters better.

LEDs are just attached to the heat sink with thermal adhesive tape, and same for the heat sink to the tray.

No it's not for certain that a UAS has the same food ratings as an ATS, but it's a good starting point.

I super glued them. But they are already epoxy or rubber coated to protect them. Suction cups would work too.

Just about convinced to order one! So, in your unbiased (lol) opinion, how much of a problem would this create ( if any) with bubbles and salt creep in the display? I am learning more and more about scrubbers in general and the whole concept just makes common sense. I would be willing to bet that unwanted algae issues is the number one reason people give up the hobby. The standard advice of bigger skimmers, better lights, sump with macro, GFO reactors,etc... just do not work for everyone.

Administrator
    The sliced-tubing bubbler makes pretty big bubbles, so there are no micro bubbles in the display that I can see. However until many people have had the same results, I'd not say for sure that it would be that way for you.

You could set up a test yourself, with a bubbler and tupperware box.

Administrator
    7 days of growth after first cleaning:

Vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o14culabk7k

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information