+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HOG.5

Almost forgot. I will definitely try "seeding" the screen tomorrow. Lord knows I have enough algae to work with! Good to hear that the bubble flow does not have to be perfect. I just looked at it again and it's actually better than it was earlier. Breaking in I suppose.

Administrator
    I'm increasing the number of magnet pieces from 8 per corner to 10. 8 was strong for 1/8 glass but weak for 1/4. With more magnet pieces, it will be good on 1/4, and very strong on 1/8.

Now the magnets are the most expensive part of the whole thing

I put on my scrubber yesterday and everything seems to be operating fine. The scrubber does seem to slide down my tank wall some. I am wondering if I screwed up the orientation of the magnets or something. I made double sure that the polarity of the magnet "stack" matched the other side. Is one end of the stack stronger than the other? Hopefully, I didn't misunderstand you! Thanks!

Administrator
    It does matter which way. 4 stacks of 2 is better.

I'm putting 5 stacks of 2 on now. If you need more I can send some.

RSM

Would this thing work on the RSM? I am thinking of getting the InTank media basket and placing the UAS right next to it inside of the skimmer chamber of the RSM 130

Thanks

Administrator
    If you have a 5" X 7" space on clear glass or acrylic, it can be put there. Up to 1/4 thick. If the glass is painted, you would need to remove the paint so the light can shine through.

That's great, once i get the intank media basket i will measure how much space i have left in there. How long does it take you to make and ship one?

I just got mine and they look really nice but unfortunately they don't stick together on 5/16" glass... the magnets don't seem to be strong enough. Any ideas? My acrylic sump exploded the other day while trying to drill it with the wrong bit (lol) and it's currently being repaired, but I'm not even sure it will work again so I wanted these scrubbers to be on the display at least for now.

Administrator
    5/16 is a bit over 1/4, and would need a few more magnets. I can send some to you and if you put them on in the proper direction it should hold. Mean time you could use tape.

Administrator
    Make sure the outside has the cord going down, and the inside has the tubing going up. Otherwise the magnets won't match and won't hold.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information