+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything wrong with these LEDs?

Anything wrong with these LEDs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROLED-HP-Se...item336e69aafb
    They come in warm white, blue, and red. They are lower in wattage but what would keep you from just using more? Besides no heat sink needed.

Banned
    They are 3 watt per foot. You need 3 watt per led ideally.

But you just add more right?

Administrator
    Problem is, by the time you have enough added up, you have so many connections and pieces to hold in place that's it's hard to deal with. And they are fragile. You might have to coat them in a protective coating to keep them from moving around. They do however have the advantage of possibly not needing a big heat sink, because the heat is so spread out.

You'd want red ones; probably not white.

Thanks. That's getting closer to an answer I was looking for. Some come with a 3M tape on the back and some state water resistant. I'd still put them in a box. They do come in red and blue.
    I've done a search and unable to find an answer to another question. Does the watt per square inch still hold true to LED?

Administrator
    .5 watt per square inch.

That's what I've been recommending for now, until a better number is found. It might be a bit high, but the hours can be reduced easily.

Banned
    I think you would need 10 feet of this to have the same luminous output as a 23 watt cfl , ie 1400 lumens

I've looked at these at a local electronics store. They have them in 3000k and 6000k. I just finished reading more than I wanted to on Pothead sites about lights. Seems they think color spectrum with lower lumens is better than high lumens and the wrong color spectrum.
    They do suggest reds and blues and it seems wattage has no play really but you need watts to cover area.

For smoking dope. Some of them seem pretty smart. Not bashing on Potheads but it was better illegal so we didn't have guys with hang nails getting on disability from crooked doctors signing off on medical cards just to make a buck.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information