+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Led wiring help or advice please.

Banned
    If it is a constant current driver, there is one and only one way you can hook up LEDs, and that is RED / V+ wire to the first + terminal of the string, and BLACK / V- wire to the last - of the string. The current flows out of the V+ and into the V-, and the current must flow into the + on the LED and out the -. Unless you want to start talking about reverse flow of holes, which still doesn't change the connections.

I have done it ok, but forgot to update you. Wired the two white outputs to the potentiometer and the red and black at either ends of the chain. They work perfect and so does the dimmer and fan. Job done. Thanks for your help guys

Great Ben!
    For the record Floyd & Koltec were right I was wrong! I should have checked last night when Koltec asked checked it with me. I hope I didn't steer you wrong. I apologize and will be more careful in the future!!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    If it is a constant current driver, there is one and only one way you can hook up LEDs, and that is RED / V+ wire to the first + terminal of the string, and BLACK / V- wire to the last - of the string. The current flows out of the V+ and into the V-, and the current must flow into the + on the LED and out the -. Unless you want to start talking about reverse flow of holes, which still doesn't change the connections.
    Hole flow might get a lot of people mixed up, LOL, like the look of the direction of lightening does.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    Oh let's not get started on this road haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information