+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jnad`s new DAS scrubber with GAC option

Just using one unit of this cheap leds without optic:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-3-x-3W-R...ht_1564wt_1204

It is labeled 3x3W , but i think they are mutch less than that. Maybe it is 3w leds, but i dont think the unit of 3 pieces use more than 3w tougether.

Dont think this leds are ideal beacuse of the leds config on the aluminium plate. I am going to get something else for my nexst scrubber.
    Jnad

Banned
    Thanks Jnad. I was looking at trying these, but now you reckon they are not much good, I won't bother. Thanks again.

The light in my scrubber have this week been 18 hours on, it looks like the algae is growing most at the end of every light period. There is also no burn spots like i have had on my previous slim line scrubber, and i am using the same led units and light diffuser. Now it looks like it is the opposite then beafore the algae is now growing the most right in front of the led unit.

I have one more of this led units laying around, do you think the screen can handle one more led unit?

Any thoughts?

Jnad

Hello!

There is now 8 days sinse last cleaning, have decided to let it grow some days more just to see what happen so i dont have any growth pictures of the cleaning as i posted beafore, but here is a short video of the screen with 8 days of growth.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rMz467uKTzU

I think it is growing better than my previous scrubbers beacuse it is two sided (with one light) and it have better flow.

I will post pictures of screen when cleaning in a couple of days.

Jnad

Does spray bar is covered with sponge on both sides ? I cant see in this video .

Banned
    Jnad what about angling the screens slightly and putting a mirror in the back panel to get more light bouncing around?

I dont use a sponge in the top of the scrubbber, after making a lid there was no need for a sponge in the top.There are only two black pvc plates in he top of the scrubber, they are the black colored you see in the last posted pictures. One are placed in the back and one in the front of the scrubber, they function as screen holders and protect the spraybar from light.

It is difficult to see on the posted pictures an difficult to explain, i will take some pictures of it when cleaning the screen next time.

Jnad
    Quote Originally Posted by kotlec View Post
    Does spray bar is covered with sponge on both sides ? I cant see in this video .

There is already a reflector in the back panel, all the sides inside the scrubber has reflectors. But it is a good idea to try angeling the screens slightly, i might just try that. Tanks Floyd

Jnad
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Jnad what about angling the screens slightly and putting a mirror in the back panel to get more light bouncing around?

Uppdate pictures

Hello!

Here are som uppdate pictures of 9 days of growth.

Garf: I dont think there are mutch difference in growth front or bak screen.

kotlec: I hope the first tree pictures answer the question about no using sponge in top of scrubber, there are just 2 pvc plates that function as screen holders and blocking light to the spraybar. In the first picture i have only removed the top lid on the scrubber

Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 004.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	3016Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 007.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	3015Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 008.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	3014Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 010.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	3017Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 009.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	3013Click image for larger version

Name:	30.07.12 011.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	3018

jnad

Thanks for pics. Now I see how you made it.
    Do you have any recommendations considering flow per centimeter of spraybar and how many holes ? How important this is ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information