+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Jnad`s new DAS scrubber with GAC option

Sorry, i have no experience from other DAS scrubbers other than the one i am using now so i have difficulties giving recommandations. I can just tell you how mine scrubber is: i am using 1cm between the holes, the scrubber was made to take 4 screens so it has 5 holes in spraybar and the holes is precisely align between the screens and on the outer sides. The holes in the spraybar is 1,5 cm, i tested also 2,5cm size holes, but 1,5 was better mfor mine scrubber.The pump is labeled 450 liter pr hour but it is regulated down almost to the minimum, i think it is importent to have good pressure in the spraybar.

You have to test some different setups, any changes in the scrubber box design will need different pump, spraybar holes and so on.

Jnad

I was hoping to save some time using your experience.
    How big is your spray bar to acommodate 1,5 cm holes ?
    How many holes would you do for 10cm long sparybar to start experimenting ?

Sorry, my mistake, the holes in the spraybar is 1,5mm, not cm as i wrote

If you are making a scrubber with "normal" screen config, for example a one sided screen that is 10 cm wide and with spraybar 10 cm long? Then i would try one hole pr cm, and i would make two spraybars to test, one with 1,5mm holes and one with 2,5mm holes.

Jnad

OK thanks

Hello!

My DAS and nano tank is now discontinued, i have ordered an ADA tank for a "Holland" type of planted fresh water setup.

When the DAS was discontinued it was growing very well green hair algae, i am very satisfied with this scrubber but i dont now if it is any benefits using a scrubber on a high end planted fresh water tank with C02.

Maybe someone can help me out here, is there any benefits running a scrubber with a heavy planted fresh water tank? Or wil the scrubber just compete with the plants?

Jnad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information