+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10"x18" Double-sided Upflow Hang on Side Scrubber Build

Hybrid View

10"x18" Double-sided Upflow Hang on Side Scrubber Build

OK, I finally finalized my dimensions and bought the acrylic and have the pieces all cut and ready to go. Going to start glueing them together tonight. It is for my 100g planted Discus and Angel tank with a 29g sump filter.

I'm teeing off the bypass from one of my two return pumps to run water through it, overflowing out of the scrubber back into the sump. It will sit at the end of my 29g sump, and will get a little recirculation as it dumps into the pump sump area. The water will have run through the filter: 200 micron sock, 10 hole/inch foam, 1 cu. ft. of H1 media, and 30 hole/inch foam.

Pictures tonight!

Here are some pics I took 2 nights ago of the housing all taped up ready to glue. It has since been glued and leak checked, more pics coming soon. Dimensions are 20" high, 11" wide and the wet part the growth medium is in is 3" thick.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5022small.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	3339

Name:	IMG_5023small.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	3340

Name:	IMG_5028small.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	3341

traxiii-I really like your simple design!

Thanks, I just wish acrylic wasn't so expensive.

Installed and running since Sunday night, with just a slight green tint as of 36 hour into it. Lights on 14 hour/day constant low flow and air. More pics soon, it's pretty tight and I forgot to take more before I installed the lights. I'm running 6 - 60w equivalent CFL Floods on one side and 3 - 12" Stunners 2 magenta, 1 white. I had them left over from my first attempt and installed them on mirrored acrylic, opposite the CFLs that are in a shaded light box.

OK, after cleaning off twice I decided it works great, it just isn't very serviceable in my setup. No room to get in and clean it, so the experiment was successful and a failure at the same time. I've removed it and posted pics in my album scrubber 1. I had it on my 100g freshwater tank with 29g sump with way too little space under the tank and a futon blocking the door I needed to access to clean it properly.

If anyone would like to purchase it, it is for sale to the highest bidder, everything included, air stone, lights, grid. It fits perfect on the end of a 29g sump/tank, and only needs a water source. it can't overflow from too much flow, and it needs very little to work great.
    Checkout pics in my album

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information