+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bacon's UAS HOG.5

Bacon's UAS HOG.5

So here's the first pictures of my scrubber from SantaMonica. I have two of them running on my sump for a week now and these are the results so far:

- Note that algae is not growing right on the center of the screen.
    - No water changes have been performed since the scrubbers were added to the system.
    - Light is ON from 7 AM to 12 AM (17 hours) and OFF from 12 AM to 7 AM (7 hours).

I will keep posting pics as it keeps filling in. I don't think I'll clean it for another week.

FRONT:

BACK:

You can see the piece of live rock covered in hair algae that I used to seed the screen and keep it nicely angled forward to touch the glass at the same time. Works like a charm.

Any suggestions or is everything looking good?

Administrator
    Just how mine filled in, with white in the middle. Now it stays covered all the way across.

When cleaning yesterday I had to bend back the tubing segments and pick out some algae from inside (while blowing through the tubing). After that, and some tilting of the unit, the screen stays covered in bubbles.

The growth looks much thicker and darker and has a lot of pods on it, which is great... but it still hasn't covered the whole screen so I'm gonna wait a few more days before cleaning.

Any updates?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information