+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to build a 12" x 18" UAS need LED info

Want to build a 12" x 18" UAS need LED info

Hey guys, love this site, but need to get some part numbers and wiring diagrams for the a 12x16 UAS for my 100g freshwater low tech planted Discus tank. I am going to use a bypass on one of my two main pumps returning water from my sump to supply water, an air pump and 12" air stone, and will return the water back into the sump to be pumped to tank. It will basically be a HOBUAS using one of my return pumps, and it will sit at the narrow end of my 29g sump overflowing back into it.

Question, how many red LEDs and drivers? I have no problem soldering and such, but need some diagrams, etc. for LEDs and on how to hook them up.

Administrator
    Feeding?

4 or 5 cubes eventually, a few more now while my Discus grow out.

Administrator
    Can you do it 2-sided?

I am planning on 2 sided, for sure. I'm going to be cutting up the acrylic hopefully this week. I'll try and post some pics when I get it cemented together.

At this point I am feeding 3/4 oz. of tubifex, 4 big pinches of dry food, 2 frozen brine shrimp and 1 frozen blood worm cube per day. I have a small UAS I made out of a HOB Marina 20 that is running on my sump using two 12.5" Stunner LED lights I had left over from lighting my tank. I think they are 6 watts each, using one of them on each side, one is white and one red. It has algae growing, but not the long strands and not very thick, and has only been running 2 weeks. Went away for the weekend and after 3 days of no water changes I was thrilled to have zero Nitrates.

Any update I also have discus and was going to put in a simple scrubber. How were your nitrAtes before using the scrubber?

Nitrates are barely reading, but I am doing 30g water changes every other day. I plan on going to once a week after I get the scrubber going. Then back down to twice a month if the scrubber can keep the Nitrates in check. I am feeding the heck out the tank while I grow out the Discus, so once they all get to 5" or so I'll back off a little there too. The frequent water changes are mainly to remove any uneaten food, and plant debris and fish pooh.

My little scrubber is growing algae, but so is the tank. The higher leaves on the plants are now seeing some bright green stuff. Hoping the large scrubber takes that away with it's brighter light and bubbles.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information