+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marc's HOG.5 UAS

Marc's HOG.5 UAS

SM - I just received my new HOG.5 UAS and got it up and running. The only negaitve so far is the magnets were not strong enough to stay upright in my sump (1/4" glass). The inside and outside pieces stayed together but I had to tape the outside piece to keep it from falling down. Has anyone else had this issue?

Here are some pics of my tank before the UAS. I will continue to post and update as to the progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank 2.jpg‎
Views:	619
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	3062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank.jpg‎
Views:	558
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	3061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank 1.jpg‎
Views:	612
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	3060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank 3.jpg‎
Views:	499
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3063  

Administrator
    I'll send you some more magnets, so you'll have 6 on each spot instead of 5. It's a trade-off, because people with 1/8" glass may not be able to get the covers apart once they are attached, and I've not heard back from anyone else recently with the same problem.

Are you trying to get the purple stuff off of the rocks?

Yes, I am trying to get the purple or red algae off the rocks. I have some red algae and some brown algae. What do you suggest?

Administrator
    Getting the scrubber growing.

So after four weeks I have some growth on the ends of the UAS. The middle still has not filled in but at least there is some growth, finally. I will try to post some pics this weekend. It seems, however, that most posts I read, people seem to have a lot more growth after four weeks than just on the ends. Is there something I need to do to get better growth or just be patient?

Administrator
    Less hours.

Those two 3-watt LEDs are very strong and only 1/2 inch from the screen. Cut the hours down to 12.

Interesting Marc, I've been up and running for 2 weeks with my HOG .5 and I have some green around the edges starting, with the center still white. I'm on for 18 hours, off for 6. sounds like i may want to reduce my hours as well then.

SM - question for you. If I make a UAS that is approximately 4 times bigger that the UAS you sell, will that give me four times the feeding capacity? I love the UAS I bought from you but I need to be feeding my tank between 1 and 1 1/2 cubes per day, now that I finally have a decent amount of coral and fish. I would prefer to only have one big UAS, versus having three or four smaller UAS' with multiple air pumps, etc. Please advise.

I will take pics of my screen and post. I am completely amazed at the results.

pitzenmj - sorry for the long delay but I have not had much time for my tank or posting on this site. I hope your UAS is working well. If not, definitely drop the amount of hours your lights are on. What I did was dropped my hours to 10 on and 14 off. Each week I increased my lights by one hour. Now I am at 18 per week and my scrubber is working awesome.

Administrator
    Yes bigger is for more food. But with only one, when you clean it you will have a spike in nutrients. At least give it a split screen so you can clean one per week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information