+ Reply to Thread

Thread: economic

economic

you guys do realize that by promoting ATS, many companies are not going to be very happy with you and will do all that they can to discredit you?

if somebody has a 100 gallon tank (SW) they would buy a skimmer (150$-1500$), gfo(? i don't know that is) and other stuff for filtration... not to mention tons of live rock.

people keep talking about dead corals from ATS, the only place i saw somebody actually reference that was in some article on the krib.

thank you for saving my money SM :grin:

My Corals have never been better since adding an ATS a couple or so years ago. I went many months before I even told anybody. Then I figured what the heck, it works!!
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    Why do you think there are people on the forums mudslinging any chance they get? Some of those are just the purists who want it proven to them scientifically (whether they understand what they are talking about or not) but you had better believe that there are company reps/employees for all types of products that camp out on forums and post for their product and against others. Not a lot of them, but they are out there.

Still, I don't think they have much to really worry about. There are plenty of people using plenty of different methods, I think it would still be years before the Algae Scrubber has any sort or measurable market impact.

This is an ever changing hobby. Did they even use skimmers 20 years ago? New information is being added all the time. Use what works for you. Personally, I would rather have algae growing on a screen in my sump than on the rocks in my display.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    This is an ever changing hobby. Did they even use skimmers 20 years ago? New information is being added all the time. Use what works for you. Personally, I would rather have algae growing on a screen in my sump than on the rocks in my display.
    In 1984 I had a 125g with a Skimmer and a Wet/Dry. The Wet/Dry was cool in that it had a sprinker head that rotated above the Bio-balls. That was the big thing but No3 was a problem. It eventually crashed and I lost everything in a few hours.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information