+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lighting 2 screens 1 on 1 off

Lighting 2 screens 1 on 1 off

Was just pondering about having 2 screens (smaller?) and while one is being lit, one can be off. So that way your scrubbin 24/7.

Ideas? Just something I was thinking about before I build my 1st scrubber for my 40.

Banned
    You can also alternate lighting one side, then the other. When the screen is mature, this has the same effect really IMO.

But what you said works too. If you need to filter 24/7, that is. You would just size the screen per normal guidelines or however you feel appropriate, then split up the photoperiod

Floyd I was reading (skimming) your UAS and your having some troubles possibly? Would you suggest waterfall or uas for the new build, waterfall seems more proven?

Banned
    It seems to work for some situations, just doesn't appear that it is working for mine. The waterfall has been proven to work over and over. The UAS certainly grows algae, and an equal volume compared to a waterfall of similar construction and feeding load, why the difference is the question.

thanks for the info/input i apprechiate it I think if I have the room in my sump/under my tank with this new build im just going to go waterfall.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information