+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: scrubber and limited waterchanges,water test results

Administrator
    Clean it all.

ok I will clean "it all" on sunday and post some pics!

hey does anybody still use the old guidelines? seems I have had nothing but issues after cutting my screen to half it's "old guideline" size. Back 3 years ago when I started scrubbing my screen was a full sheet lit by only two 18 watt cfl's and it was always green! What gives now? I am realy thinking about going back to the old full sheet method...

I had better success based on the feeding like we do now. I dont use the old guidelines any more because they didnt work well for me.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    Most people get greener growth with the new ones, but there are always exceptions.

santa: I will give it a few more cleanings before I throw in the towel,,but I just keep getting this "paint skin" and black algae with my new and "more powerful" scrubber. don't get me wrong here I still love scrubbers,,,just loved them MORE back when I first started and everything in my tank took off. when I first started scrubbing I saw a jump in life and growth,,but the last year has slowed dramatically. NOTHING in the system has changed,,same corals,,same sand,,same liverock,,same light fixture,,,only now I am getting black algae and less coral growth and a loss of coraline. Something is missing. The same thing took place when I first set the tank up about 8 years ago using a skimmer and UV. The corals wear growing like crazy and ther was life and coraline all over the place,,then it all slowed,,,turning me on to scrubbers.
    it is almost like a cycle. Growth,,then die-off,,,more growth,,more die-off. Help me get to the bottom of this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information