+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Skimmers help Scrubbers breathe ?

On a side note...

The Lani led lights do look pretty slick, I designed a similar passive cooled modular rig over a year ago but never did get round to making it, but their idea of the two pcb's really interests me...so much so that I have now just completed designs for two very much the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Devs View Post
    Imo it's not about whether it works, as it clearly does, but it is because they call it and sell it as a new method ! when the only thing that I can see that is new about it is the secret magic potion they concoct for you. Does that really warrant being called a new method ?
    The magic potion must just be a modified salt mix to account for the skimmed water and coral growth uptake. I imagine they've taken into account that most salt mixes are drastically high in elements, as are the different types of foods generally fed to aquariums? I've read somewhere that although about 100 elements are contained in the potion, they only test for 11 elements, presumably because algae tends to reduce trace elements to natural levels over time when exported, or skimmed (in this case). As to the "new method" I think as soon as folks find out the nature of the magic potion (whether my explanation is correct of not), the penny will drop and realise its not really new at all, and it's just a more natural form of carbon dosing (and more expensive).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information