+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ace's N/P Test Log

What is the water change schedule between the 2?

Banned
    Last water change with good clean water on the 75G was February 2011. I did 'swap' water out of a dirty clownfish breeding tank a couple times back in March but the water going in was much worse than water coming out.

Last water change on my 60G was 1 month after I set it up (I did 4 10G water changes the first month I set it up), so August 2011. Both over a year since last water change.

Banned
    Got tired of doing nothing and kind of wanted to get my levels a little more closer to 'good' before I started dosing K tomorrow. Sooooo... 25ml of Lanthanum into a 1 micron filter sock and 1 hour later, I dropped my P in 1/2 on my 75G. I can already tell my SPS corals are liking it, I am starting to see the first hint of polyps coming out. On my garf bonsai it is really noticeable since it has bright green polyps on a purple base. Side note, some reason I went from having one of by best 'growth' weeks on my ATS, to last week being by far my worst week. No idea why but I will see if dosing K helps.

Banned
    75G Test readings for 9/9:

Alk - 7.2
    CA - 370
    Mag - 1150
    PO4 - .18 (tested 12 hours apart to ensure stable reading)
    K - 340

Currently dosing full strength kalk top off water for the past 7 days + added 50ml of K today. No other dosing/phosphate reducing methods are being used at this time in order to test if raising potassium levels decreases phosphates naturally.

Banned
    Ace - do you allow the Kalk to settle for a few hours before you dose it ? I don't, and find my mag stays at 1350 ish.

Banned
    I usually let the kalk settle for 24 hours before I carefully scoop out the top 1/2 and pour it into my ATO bucket.

I have been dosing 75ml of Tech-M every day for the past 7 days.. doesn't seem to have made much difference. 525ml worth of Tech-M raised my Mag 40 points.

Banned
    Thought so, after all it's what you are advised to do. However the naturally present magnesium is precipitated out into the sludge rather quickly because of the high pH. I supposed you ain't got much choice if your putting it into an ATO. The container I use is caked up good, it just syphons Kalk straight into the display each night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information